Historiek intro tekst
Ambrosius van Hoorebeke (founder) 1709 - 1756
Jacobus van Hoorebeke 1745 - 1809
Jan-Jozef van Hoorebeke 1747 - 1819
Start of trade in building materials at Langerbrugge
Van Hoorebeke located at Langerbrugge before WWI.
First import of sawn timber by sea vessel from Riga
Charter party of the sawn timber party from Riga
Emmanuel-Jean van Hoorebeke 1782 - 1856
Angelus van Hoorebeke 1821 - 1892
Establishment of a sawmill at Ghent-Langerbrugge
This is an invoice/ specification from 1861.
Franz van Hoorebeke 1837 - 1875
Foundation of van Hoorebeke Frères
Change of the company name to van Hoorebeke en Zoon
Office building of van Hoorebeke before WWI
Emmanuel van Hoorebeke 1840 - 1919
Franz van Hoorebeke 1878 - 1936
Activities shut down during WWI
House of van Hoorebeke after the bombing of 1918.
Foundation of nv van Hoorebeke en Zoon
Growth through post-war reconstruction and economic prosperity
Period between WWI and WWII. The workers loaded sawn timber into a truck. In the past, this was done board after board.
Paul van Hoorebeke 1903 - 1986
Franz van Hoorebeke 1936
Growth and increasing logistics possibilities
Pierre-Emmanuel van Hoorebeke 1973
Pierre-Emmanuel van Hoorebeke joins the company
Nv van Hoorebeke & Zoon becomes van Hoorebeke Timber nv
Moving of warehouses in Ghent to the new warehouses, with planing and drenching installation at Kluizendok
Kluizendok, photo from 2006.
Moving of head office to our new office building on the Kluizendok site
Our energy-neutral office building